I’m excited to be taking part in an upcoming event with the Portland Culinary Alliance on Friday, May 15, celebrating the release of my friend Anna Brones’ lovely new book Fika: The Art of the Swedish Coffee Break, co-authored and illustrated by Johanna Kindvall. Here’s what we have in store for you:
– A signed hardcover copy of Fika, Anna and Johanna’s guide to the Swedish coffee tradition and the pastries that go with it.
– A demonstration from Anna on how to make kanelbullar, Swedish cinnamon rolls.
– A selection of coffees from top Swedish roasters selected and brewed by the team at Sprudge.
– A Dill Collins cocktail made with Gamle Ode dill aquavit made by yours truly.
– A delicious Scandinavian dinner from Broder Nord, one of my favorite restaurants in town.
Tickets are a steal at just $35 for PCA members and $50 for non-members. Buy them here before they sell out.